We have an amazing team of volunteers at Graystone. I’m so grateful for them. This summer I wanted to give our coordinators a break because I can’t function without them the other 10 months of the year. This served as a great reminder for me. A few reminders were simple, maybe silly things that make a Sunday morning experience so much easier. Things I can’t live without:
- Butcher paper or plastic table clothes. I keep of stack of these in a closet. They don’t just serve a purpose for tables but for floor activities, etc. If you can find someone to donate butcher paper, get it. I think we used it every week this summer.
- Organized supply closet. I think there is a craft monster that comes out and dumps everything out weekly. I’ll let you know if I find it.
- Baby wipes. Their purpose is more then changing diapers. They clean hands, faces, tables, etc.
- Strollers. A stroller works wonders on a crying baby. We call it the baby whisperer.
- Note cards. Every Monday I sit down and try to write thank you notes. I can never have enough note cards.
- Batteries. How many clocks in your kids’ rooms don’t work? It really throws volunteers when they look at the clock and it says 9:00. 15 minutes later, it still says 9:00. How many toys need batteries?
- Coffee. At Graystone we serve Land of Thousand Hills Coffee. No matter how hard I try to resist, I always need the extra charge on Sunday mornings.
- Encouraging friendships. God has blessed me with some incredible friendships at Graystone and away from Graystone. Both are important and crucial. But, most importantly they are encouragers. This recharges me to continue running hard and serving kids.
Now, want to know the most important thing I can’t live without? YOU
That’s right, YOU. Last Sunday, I prayed God would provide 41 NEW volunteers. I’m trusting God to provide all that we need. Any children’s pastor is constantly reminded how much they rely on people. However, children need you too. Will you “wash the feet of our gKids?” The babies have the sweetest 10 little fingers and toes of anyone in the entire church! We will have a volunteer training session on Sunday at Noon. Have a great weekend.